Pages

Friday 29 April 2016

Lincoln 10 km

So a couple of weekends ago I took part in the Lincoln 10 km road race, which is my home city. I had a really great time, it's always great to see the city you live in embrace running, with about 9,000 people taking part and the whole route lined with people supporting the runners.

I was hoping to get a decent time and was aiming for sub-50 minutes. Unfortunately I was about a minute and a half over that! I always tend to struggle in hot weather and it was a warm day, I've also been carrying a few niggles, due to the fact I can't have a day off to rest, but that's enough excuses.

Even though I missed out on my target, I still had a great time and to be fair I know my time's are never going to set the world alight, it's more for my own satisfaction.

I'm going to be taking part in other 10 km races through the year and I'm fairly confident I will eventually break the 50 minute barrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment